We can help you to send and receive electronic documents.
Document Services is a feature of the Medical Interoperability Gateway (MIG), which allows health and care organisations to share clinical correspondence electronically.
This information can be attached to the relevant medical record and sender receives an electronic receipt once the document has been delivered.
Further acknowledgement is provided once the message has been filed or rejected by the recipient.
What are the benefits?
Document Services can help your organisation to:
- send 24-hour discharge summaries
- reduce printing and postage costs
- save up to 18 hours of GP admin (scanning and inputting paper documents) each week
- track the delivery of correspondence to eliminate lost letters
- ensure medical records are accurate and current.
Which documents can be sent?
Document Services can be used to send and receive any type of document including:
- clinical letters
- A&E reports
- admission notifications
- clinical reports
- day case reports
- discharge notifications and summaries
- out of hours activity
- outpatient letters
- unscheduled care reports.
Document Services will accept any of the following file types:
- Word 97/2003
- CDA (HL7 V3).
What’s the cost?
The cost for Document Services is based on the number of correspondence sent each year. To find out how we can tailor a package for you, call 0845 601 2642 or request a quote.