To access the Healthcare Gateway development pack you will need to agree to our Open HR Standards License.
Please read the information below and complete the required fields to confirm the agreement. We will not be able to progress your application until this information has been received.
- “Copyright” means all copyright and rights in the nature of copyright subsisting in the Information in any part of the world to which the Licensor is, or may become, entitled.
- “Information” means the OPENHR Schemas, examples and associated documentation.
- “Original Document Format” means the original OPENHR document format which is produced by using the Information.
2. Grant of Copyright Licence
Subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement the Licensor hereby grants to the Licensee a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, licence under the Copyright to use the Information so as to generate documents in the Original Document Format for its internal business purposes.
The Licensee shall:
(a) not identify or represent any document as being in the OPENHR format unless it is in the Original Document Format;
(b) retain in any OPENHR documents (or any copies of the Information) all relevant copyright, trade mark, and attribution notices from the Information; and
(c) not make any representation or warranties in respect of the Information beyond those (if any) given by the Licensor under this agreement.
4. Trade marks
This agreement does not grant permission to use the trade names, trade marks, service marks, or product names of the Licensor, except as required for reasonable and customary use in describing the origins of the Information.
5. Disclaimer of Warranty
- 5.1 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, the Licensor provides the Information (and licences use of the Copyright) on an “AS IS” basis, without warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of title, non-infringement, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. The Licensee is solely responsible for determining the appropriateness of using or redistributing the Information and assumes any and all risks associated with its exercise of the permissions under this agreement.
- 5.2 The Licensee agrees that, in entering into this agreement, either it did not rely on any representations (whether written or oral) of any kind or of any person other than those expressly set out in this agreement or (if it did rely on any representations, whether written or oral, not expressly set out in this licence) that it shall have no remedy in respect of such representations (unless made fraudulently) and (in either case) the Licensor shall have no liability in any circumstances otherwise than in accordance with the express terms of this agreement.
6. Limitation of Liability
The Licensee acknowledges that the rights granted under this agreement are provided without charge. The Licensor shall not in any circumstances have any liability for any losses or damages which may be suffered by the Licensee (or any person claiming under or through the Licensee), whether the same are suffered directly or indirectly or are immediate or consequential, and whether the same arise in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise howsoever, including (without limitation) those which fall within any of the following categories: (i) special damage even if the Licensor was aware of the circumstances in which such special damage could arise; (ii) loss of profits; (iii) loss of anticipated savings; (iv) loss of business opportunity; (v) loss of goodwill; (vi) loss or corruption of data (provided that this clause 6 shall not apply in respect of any liability which cannot be excluded by law).
7. Accepting Warranty or Additional Liability
While using or redistributing the Information, the Licensee may choose to provide, and charge a fee for, support services, warranties, indemnities, or other liability obligations and/or rights consistent with this agreement. However, in undertaking such obligations, the Licensee may act only on its own behalf and on its sole responsibility, not on behalf of the Licensor, and only if the Licensee agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold the Licensor harmless for any liability incurred by, or claims asserted against the Licensee (or the Licensor) by reason of it providing any such service, warranty, indemnity or any additional liability.
8. Governing Law
- 8.1 This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- 8.2 The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
This agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which when executed shall constitute a duplicate original, but all the counterparts shall together constitute the one agreement. Transmission of an executed counterpart of this agreement (but for the avoidance of doubt not just a signature page) by e-mail (in PDF, JPEG or other agreed format) shall take effect as delivery of an executed counterpart of this agreement. If this method of delivery is adopted, without prejudice to the validity of the agreement thus made, each party shall provide the others with the original of such counterpart as soon as reasonably possible thereafter. No counterpart shall be effective until each party has executed at least one counterpart.
This OpenHR Standards Licence (“agreement”) is made the between:
- Egton Medical Information Systems Limited a company incorporated in England with Registration No. 2117205 having its Registered Office at Rawdon House, Green Lane, Yeadon, Leeds, LS19 7BY (the “Licensor”); and
- Your organisation (the “Licensee”).
Please complete the form below to confirm this agreement.